Presidency University’s Extensive Library System Supports learning, teaching & research with unparalleled collections, innovative service and inspiring spaces. Our collection covers every conceivable aspect of human endeavor. We are here to support your search for Knowledge providing print and electronic resource with organized Governance of library flexibly when and where you need it. We are committed to enrich our library in a Global Standard.
- Members will be allowed to read or use any book or educational materials inside the library. The library staff will need a library card for providing access to the books and other library materials.
- Some materials (in high demand) may be issued for a limited time only.
- Current journals, periodicals, reference and others materials may be only used inside the library.
- The members are responsible for the good condition of the resources borrowed and their timely return.
- Library materials are checked out by the designated library officer and need to be returned at the circulation desk during the working hours.
- Library Officer may recall books and materials issued to a member. Member having the recalled materials will be given a week's notice for returning the items to the library.
- Silence is to be strictly maintained in the Library.
- The library is a place for self-study; users’ behavior should reflect this and they should respect the needs of others.
- Persons using the library shall abstain from any kind of discussions or group study and any other form of noise is not allowed inside the Library.
- Mobile phones should be switched off inside the library. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in a fine and/or expulsion from the Library.
- Exercise copy, pens, pencil, rubber, geometric boxes, and calculators, loose pages etc. are allowed inside the library.
- Readers are advised not to leave their valuable items like money, passport, credit card etc. at the Property Counter.
- Users should not rest or keep their feet on tables, chairs, shelves, etc.
- The library shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of the personal belongings of the users.
- The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving with the library staff or with any other member or otherwise fail to comply with these rules and regulations.
- Playing games on computers is strictly prohibited in the entire Library premises.
- Readers must carry their Library Membership card while using the Digital Library. They must show their ID card on demand.
- Books for return are to be deposited at the counter at least 15 minutes before closing of the lending hours.
- Members will be responsible for the books issued on their membership card. Loss of library books/card should be informed immediately to the Librarian.
- For any damage found at the time of retuning of an issued document, the borrower has to pay a cost for the repair of the same.
- If the damaged/lost book is part of a multi-volume set, the whole set has to be replaced.
- The member, however, will continue to be responsible for any loss which the library may suffer through the misuse of a lost membership card.
Fines and penalties:
Books and others materials not returned by due dates: TK. 15.00.
Text and reference Books, CDs, Floppies and subscription to 10 different Daily News Papers and Magazine.
- All students in good standing (No restriction for Disciplinary, Academic and Financial grounds), Full time, Part time, Faculty, Administration & Staff, Research & Teacher Assistants of Presidency University are eligible to apply for library membership. Library cards are issued within 7 working days. Library membership forms are available at the library.
Students (Under Graduate & Graduate) of Presidency University:
- Students are required to provide valid registration and / or proper authorization from the Registrar's Office, 2 recent passport size photographs along with the Membership Application Form to the library staff.
Faculty Members (Full time, Part time, Adjunct, Visiting and Contractual) of Presidency University:
- Faculties are required to fill submit 2 recent passport size photographs along with the Membership Application Form to the library staff. Chair / Director / Head of the Department are required to certify the faculty member.
Teacher Assistant /Research Assistant of Presidency University:
- TA / RA have to submit 2 passport size photographs along with the Membership Application Form to the library staff. Chair / Director / Head of the Department is required to certify the T/A / R/A.
Administrative personnel & Staff of Presidency University:
- Administrative personnel & Staff are required to submit 2 recent passport size photographs along with the Membership Application Form to the library staff. The Registrar's Office is required to certify the Administrative personnel & Staff.
Members of the Governing Body of Presidency University & Presidency University Foundation:
- Members are required to submit 2 recent passport sized photographs along with the Membership Application Form to the library staff. The Vice Chancellor or the Pro-Vice Chancellor is required to introduce these members.
Rules for borrowing library books:
Taslima Khatun, Executive, Library
Tahmina Akter, Assistant Executive, Library
Library Hours Are:
Gulshan Campus Library
Baridhara Campus Library
Please, contact for any queries during the library hours.
Gulshan Campus Library: (02) - 55052194-9, Ext: 604
Baridhara Campus Library: (02) - 9821319, Ext: 112