Convocation of Presidency University
Curriculum for CE
The course curriculum followed by the Department of Civil Engineering, Presidency University has been
- Designed by the professors of The Department of Civil Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET),
- Formulated by following the requirements of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET), USA, and
- Approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC), Bangladesh.
Major program areas
- Structural Engineering analysis and design of all engineering structures (concrete/steel/ wood/composite) such as building (residential and commercial), bridge, reinforced dam etc.
- Geotechnical Engineering soil analysis, analysis and design of foundation, land reclamation and development, earth work.
- Transportation Engineering analysis/design of traffic, road, highway, railway, bridge, flyover.
- Water Resources Engineering analysis and design of water systems such as flood control, drainage, irrigation using surface water and groundwater, hydrology, water planning, coastal engineering.
- Environmental Engineering water supply and treatment, sanitation, waste treatment and remediation, solid waste management, environmental impact assessment, pollution control.
- Reputed core and visiting faculty members.
- State-of-the-art computing & lab Facilities
- Emphasis on theory and application using modern tools (CAD, GIS and professional software)
- Excellent student-teacher interaction and faculty evaluation by students
- Industry linkage through internship and field visits
Target Job Market
Both public and private sectors offer a wide range of choices.
- Major public sector: Public Works Department (PWD), Roads and Highways Department (RHD), Water Board (WB), Department of Public Health Engineering (DPHE), Local Government Engineering Department (LGED), local government agencies (LGIs), and various ministries.
- Private sector: numerous real estate and construction companies, major consulting firms, local and foreign NGOs.